In a recent article, we let you in on how to not only make your own cannabutter, but how to whip up a batch of pot brownies, which are, for all intents and purposes, cake-like, depending on your ratios. This article, however, features an actual recipe for Space Cake and Vegan Space Cake (See Below), which is no more or less than a cake whose main ingredient is your favorite buddy, THC.
What You Need to make Space Cake:
- 8 grams cannabis or equivalent in hash
- ½ to ¾ cup milk (you might have to play around with the ratios just a tad, since there are different recipes out there)
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter (two sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¾ tsp baking powder (some recipes include this, some don’t.)
- 2 eggs
Anything else you’d like to put in the cake, such as baking cocoa (if you’re craving a chocolate fix), chocolate chips, fruits (you can’t go wrong with blueberries or lemon, spices. The sky is the limit, as they say.
Other Required Tools:
- Cake pan (aka “cake tin” for you lot in the UK & Europe ;-))
- Weed grinder
- Medium mixing bowl
- 1 small bowl
- Non-stick spray or parchment
- Your oven
- Your microwave
- A toothpick, knife or wooden skewer (for testing done-ness)
What You Do:
Preheat your oven to about 400 deg. Fahrenheit (about 200 Celsius). While your oven is preheating, time to play cannabutter alchemist!
It helps to have your cannabis already ground up and ready to go. Some recipes have you grind it up fine, but it may not be wise, especially if you’re using some pretty frosty trim. You don’t wanna lose the trichomes. (Prrrreciousss trichomes!) Just grind up your bud enough that it’s blendable.
Place the 1 cup butter in a bowl just small enough to fit in your microwave but large enough to hold both sticks of butter. (It’s okay if you have to cut up the sticks to make them fit. We won’t tell! ;-))
Put the butter in the microwave and set the cook time for about 20 seconds. This will give the butter kind of a pasty, spreadable consistency. You may have to adjust your cook time by a few seconds on either side, based on your microwave’s wattage. The lower the wattage, the more time you might have to add. Just don’t walk off and leave your butter unattended, or it might splash the roof of your microwave, and let’s face it, that’s a real pain in the butt to clean, plus that’s precious butter you’re losing.
Once you have your butter to the correct consistency, \grab your ground-up ganja bud and mix it in well with the butter, allowing all that lovely THC to blend in. Now that that’s done, time to mix it up with the rest of the ingredients! Grab your medium mixing bowl, and measure up all the other stuff, toss it in, and then stir in your cannabutter to the point where there are as few clumps as possible. (If your batter’s too dry, add a bit more milk. If it’s too wet, add a tad more flour.)
So, now your batter’s all mixed up, and your oven should be completely heated up by now. Grab your cake pan and apply non-stick spray, butter, veggie oil to the bottom and sides. Or you can even use parchment paper, if you feel like being super-fancy. Pour your space cake batter into the pan and spread it around so that it’s even. Place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, and go do something fun while you wait.
When the buzzer goes off, stick the toothpick or knife into the center to see if it’s done. If done, allow the pan to sit for about ten minutes to cool, then, using hot pads, turn the pan upside down onto a wire rack and shake gently to remove the cake. Allow your cake to cool, and frost if you like, or allow it to remain plain, if you choose.
Vegan Space Cake
200 g flour
120 g starch
150 gr sugar cane
20 g cocoa powder
80 grams margarine
30 grams of corn oil
125g plain vegan yogurt
190 grams of soy chocolate drink
40 g dark chocolate pieces
1 gr Marijuana
1 package yeast
What you do
Chop the weed with a special grinder or mixer. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan, add a few tablespoons of water and add the herb. Mix without forming lumps.
In a bowl together flour, starch, sugar, cocoa, oil and margarine and stir. Mix with yogurt and little by little chocolate “flavored” that you have prepared. Mix well and add gradually soy drink, until the mixture is soft, semi-liquid, typical cakes.
Only at the end add the yeast and mix well.
Grease and flour the pan (about 18-20 cm in diameter Pour the mixture into the pan and bake in oven preheated to 350 ° degrees for 45 minutes.
Store in a plastic bag, not to disperse the weed smell.
There you have it
You’ve just made your first space-cake. Just remember the following edibles etiquette:
• Let people know what’s in the cake before they touch it. You do not want unsuspecting people (like, say, your relatives) cutting off a slice while you’re not there to supervise. And it’s definitely not meant for kids, so keep the little tykes away.
• Don’t push the cake on other people, either, especially if they’re not cool with cannabis, or you don’t know how they’ll react, physically, to even the tiniest piece. Besides, it’s not cool or funny to prank people, which is kinda what jerks do. We like to hope you’re not one of those. 🙂
• Give yourself about 90 minutes after you try the cake yourself, let alone allow others to have another tiny piece, because edibles change the way you absorb THC. After 90 minutes, you and everyone else you’ve shared this lovely sacrament with may be feeling the effects.